Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boyfriend's actions confused me.....?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about two months. He is 32 and I am 27. We met online and really hit it off. We compliment. We had been seeing each other maybe 2-4 days a week and chatting on the phone at night. About three weeks ago or so the shower at my apartment broke and was leaking into the walls and into the ceiling below causing major problems, and it left me without a shower. I work everyday and I need a shower, and upon hearing this problem my boyfriend offered to let me stay with him until it got fixed, and I was told by the plumber it would be about a week to a week and a half tops. Needless to say, one week turned into two and it's still not fixed today. On Tuesday after getting to his apartment around 9:30, he tells me that he hates the situation I'm in but he doesn't think us seeing each other everyday at this time in our relationship is the best thing to do, and I agree, but I cannot control the situation I am in. I have inquired with the plumber every few days to no avail, so my hands are really tied and he knows that. Upon telling me this, he also says he didn't realize the transition would be so hard for me, from seeing me a few days a week to a full time relationship and he's not sure how to handle it. He said, however, when he thinks about me not being there are night with him he misses me and gets sad, but on the other hand he wants time to do his things like play his guitar and write music and be alone. He has a history of depression and I really think he's going through a hard time right now. He said we should look at this as a positive part of our relationship and not a negative one if we want our relationship to be as healthy as it can be. He told me he loved me and he genuinely cares about me and appreciates everything about me. The entire conversation he was not cold and was comforting towards me and said it was very hard to tell me this because he didn't want to hurt me because I am so kind and nice towards him. But I'm confused. Did he break up with me? Or does he still care about me and wants a little room since I've been staying with him for a few weeks? He told me he loves me and cares about me a lot, and held me and kissed me before bed that night. He said he understands I'm hurt but he'd rather be honest and communicate with me than stuff his feelings inside and grow to resent me. He called me last night to say hello and check in, and said he would talk to me today. He texted me this morning and said he wasn't going to work but to have a good day, and said take care. He is slowly ending things with me? What is he doing? He said he wants to be with me and spend time with me and he enjoys everything we have and that he feels this needs to happen or else it will be the demise of our relationship. Please offer me some advice. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment